Wednesday 7 March 2012

Linking Quotes

I have decided when writing my dissertation, to lead into the next film analysis I will use quotes from the book, World Directors: Baz Luhrmann, by Pam Cook.

I believe by using quotes it leads nicely and adds evidence to what I have just spoken about, these are the following quotes;

“Strictly Ballroom broke new ground by crossing over between traditional art cinema and commercial genre movies, re-energising both in the process”

“As with Strictly Ballroom, Luhrmann created a complex texture of images, sounds and cultural references that produced an effect of timeless zone where now and then, here and now are merged.”

“Once again Luhrmann took on a major challenge: to breathe life into the musical and to give contemporary relevance to the period setting, while making a definitive statement about cinematic style.”

No comments:

Post a Comment